Monday, June 23, 2008

One Score and Thirteen Eve


John Belushi, Chris Farley and Jesus Christ. Three people of whom definitely I consider myself a fan, although not necessarily in that order. So why specify them? Because they all shuffled off to join the choir invisible at age 33 ... the same age I'll be turning tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can't claim to have matched their level of achievement in those years, but I also have no reason to believe my time is as finite. At least I hope not.

Birthdays rank right up there with New Years Eves as a time to ponder the path one has forged and assess damage left in its wake, but also to plot the remainder of the journey and allow for potential course corrections.

So I suppose that's what I hope to do with this blog. Thanks in advance for keeping me company.

No comments: